This Eid, enjoy this delicious and mouth watering DALIA KHEER.
Try this recipe and share your feedback with us.
SPECIAL RECIPE: Dalia Kheer!
• Broken Emmer Wheat / Khapali Dalia 1 cup
• 10-12 almonds soaked and peeled
• 10-12 cashew nuts soaked
• ¼ cup sliced pistachios
• ¼ cup raisins
• Nutmeg powder 2 tsp
• Poppy seeds 3 tbsp
• Coconut milk 3 cups
• Dates paste 1 cup
• Wash the Dalia and drain it. Roast it until fragrant. Put it in the pressure cooker container with 2 cups water and the raisins. Pressure cook it. Heat the poppy seeds lightly and grind them to make a fine powder. Grind the soaked nuts with 1 cup coconut milk to make a smooth paste.
• Take the Dalia in a heavy bottom pan. Add the dates paste and mix it well. Cook on the slow flame. Add nuts paste and mix well. Now add coconut milk and let it cook for 10-15 min. Add khaskhas / poppy seeds powder and nutmeg. Mix it well. Cover and keep for 5 min before serving. Add pistachio slices and Serve hot.
• You can add cardamom powder if you want.
1) Diabetics with high/ unstable sugars, only 1/3 cup (50 ml) quantity recommended..
2) Diabetics with stable sugars/ free of medications must try a full cup (150 ml) and do a self assessment.
More details and next program registration on The Freedom From Diabetes website http://www.freedomfromdiabetes.org/Register#registration-section
Contact: Dr Pramod Tripathi office 7776077760
Read and Subscribe The Freedom From Diabetes Newspaper http://thediabetesnews.in